Earthing, also referred to as grounding, is when your bare skin (usually the feet) comes into contact with the earth. The earth is a giant electron storehouse, when you are electrically grounded, your biology has access to an endless supply of electrons allowing you to function in balance eliminating excess free radicals that cause damage to your cells and organs.
Many people feel an immediate benefit when earthed or grounded and their physical symptoms such as inflammation and pain improve within minutes. People also often mention that almost instantly feel calmer and less stressed.
Earthing, or grounding, can deliver numerous health benefits including:
Reduction of inflammation
Reduced overall pain
Improved sleep - deeper and more refreshing
Reduced stress, anxiety or irritability
Improved energy levels
Reduced pain including musculoskeletal pain, gastrointestinal problems, headaches, menstrual cramps and temporomandibular (TMJ) joint symptoms.
Improved immune function
Neutralisation of free radicals
Calming of the nervous system
Rapid healing of injuries
Improved blood circulation, blood pressure and thinner blood
Harmonisation and stabilisation of the body's basic biological rhythms
Accelerated recovery from athletic activity
Relief from muscle tension and headaches
Snoring ceases or is reduced
Reduce or eliminate jet lag
Reduced pre menstrual symptoms
Reduced electro sensitivity
Protects the body against potentially harmful biological effects of low frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs)
Faster healing and muscle repair
Improved glucose and blood sugar regulation
Reduced calcium and bone density loss
Reduces indicators of osteoporosis
Improve cardiovascular function
Some people experience benefits very quickly, while for others it can take more time. Usually, more noticeable changes will occur if you have pain, stress, poor sleep or a long-standing health issue. Even if you don’t notice anything, earthing is working as soon as you establish direct contact with the Earth. The more time you can spend earthed, the better.
EXTRA TIPS & INFO:
- Go outside for at least half-hour, sit, stand, lay or walk and let your skin come in contact with the grass, sand, dirt, or plain concrete
- Wood, carpet, asphalt, sealed or painted concrete and vinyl won’t work and will block the flow of electrons as they are not conductive surfaces
- Ground while sleeping. This is where you spend almost 1/3 to 1/2 of your day, plus this is also when the body regenerates and it is most receptive to healing.
- You may feel temporary discomfort or even flu-like signs, nausea, pain or aches. This can be the result of a normalisation of the body’s electrical system. As the process begins, the body’s ability to release accumulated toxicity may improve and that may be felt as temporary discomfort. After some initial adjustment, you should start feeling less discomfort and more energised.
- If you are uncomfortable, stop grounding yourself for several days and then begin again, starting with shorter exposure and gradually increasing the exposure.
- If you're having ongoing symptoms of health issues please speak to your health care provider.
Other Ways to be Earthed:
Swim in the ocean, lakes or rivers
Use earthing products- especially when near powerful electrical equipment such as a computer.
Garden with bare hands
Hug a living tree
Sleep on the earth while camping
Wear natural leather-soled shoes instead of synthetic rubber/plastic shoes